The results fot AKB48’s 3rd Senbatsu Elections have finally been released a couple of hours ago! This is my first senbatsu election as a fan. And while I might not be an AKB48 super fan yet, or know absolutely everything about the girls yet, I still know enough to be excited about this. The results are as follows:
1. Maeda Atsuko (Team A) – 139,892 Votes
2. Oshima Yuko (Team K) – 122,843 Votes
3. Kashiwagi Yuki (Team B) -74,252 Votes
4. Shinoda Mariko (Team A) – 60,539 Votes
5. Watanabe Mayu (Team B) – 59,,118 Votes
6. Kojima Haruna (Team A) – 52920 Votes
7. Takahashi Minami (Team A) – 52,790 Votes
8. Itano Tomomi (Team K) – 50,403 Votes
9. Sashihara Rino (Team A) – 45,227 Votes
10. Matsui Rena (Team S) – 36,929 Votes
11. Miyazawa Sae (Team K) – 33,500 Votes
12. Takajo Aki (Team A) – 31,009 Votes
13. Kitahara Rie (Team B) – 27,957 Votes
14. Matsui Jurina (Team S) – 27,804 Votes
15. Minegishi Minami (Team K) – 26,070 Votes
16. Kasai Tomomi (Team B) – 22,8,57 Votes
17. Akimoto Sayaka (Team K) – 17154 Votes
18. Sato Amina (Team B) – 16,574 Votes
19. Yokoyama Yui (Team K) – 16,455 Votes
20. Masuda Yuka (Team B) – 14,137 Votes
21. Kuramochi Asuka (Team A) – 12,387 Votes
22. Umeda Ayaka (Team K) – 11,860 Votes
23. Takayanagi Akane (Team KII) – 11,674 Votes
24. Nakagawa Haruka (Team A) – 10,854 Votes
25. Ota Aika (Team A) – 9,910 Votes
26. Hirajima Natsumi (Team B) 9,742 Votes
27. Miyazaki Miho (Team B) – 9,271 Votes
28. Yamamoto Sayaka (Team N) – 8,697 Votes
29. Oya Shizuka (Team A) – 7,264 Votes
30. Oya Masana (Team S) – 6,660 Votes
31. Nito Moeno (Team K) – 6,288 Votes
32. Komori Mika (Team B) – 6,177 Votes
33. Hata Sawako (Team S) – 6,120 Votes
34. Sato Sumire (Team B) – 5,438 Votes
35. Oba Mina (Team 4) – 5,411 Votes
36. Suda Akari (Team S) – 5,343 Votes
37. Maeda Ami (Team A) – 5,220 Votes
38. Matsui Sakiko (Team K) – 5,020 Votes
39. Ichikawa Miori (Team 4) – 4,928 Votes
40. Fujie Reina – (Team K) – 4,698 Votes
I am not really surprised to see Acchan reclaim the top spot from Yuko. I knew the legions of Acchan fas probably hated to not see their oshimen on top again, and so they came back with a vengeance. And a whopping 17,049 votes seperate Yuko from Acchan.
What I do find surprising is to see Jurina drop 4 spots and have Rena beat her. I always thought Jurina was the most popular of the two Matsuis.
I also found it surprising that Itano Tomomi dropped from 4th to 8th. I thought she would have risen, or at least stayed the same, with all the solo work she’s been doing.
Every member in the media senbatsu and senbatsu were pretty obvious. Pretty much all the popular girls and nearly every member who is in a sub-group made it to this level. I’m pretty happy about Sato Amina staying in the senbatsu. Amina has one of the cutest singing voices I have ever heard. We don’t see her nearly enough.
Thankfully all the members that I like, or an starting to like, made it to the senbatsu. Watanabe Mayu, Takahashi Minami, Miyazawa Sae, Akimoto Sayaka are obviously popular but I’m still excited none the less.
I’m a little sad to see that Ota Aika and Miyazaki Miho are in the Under Girls. Last year Miho was in Senbatsu and Aika was the center of the Under Girls. I just think both Lovetan and Myao are cuties and deserve to be featured in the A-side more.
Here’s a short video of the results.