1. Diamonds – High-King
2. Ai wa Katsu – °C-ute & Erina Mano
3. YES-YES-YES – Aa! [Tanaka Reina, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Suzuki Airi]
4. Tentou Chuu no Sanba – Shin Minimoni (New Minimoni) [Linlin, Kanon Fukuda, ???]
5. Kimi ga iru dake de – Pucchimoni V (Erina Mano, ???)
6. Heya to Y shirts to Watashi – Reina Tanaka
7. Mamotte Agetai – Risa Niigaki & Eri Kamei
8. Cosmos – Ai Takahashi
9. Mirai Yosouzu II – ZYX-α (ZYX alpha)
10. ONLY YOU – Zoku･Biyuuden (Sequel Biyuuden)
11. akai sweet pea – Tanpopo #
12. For You… – Linlin
13. Kanpaku Sengen – Berryz Koubou & Erina Mano
14. Sekai wa futari no tame ni – Sayumi Michishige, Koharu Kusumi, Aika Mitsui, Junjun
I’m sure most H!P fans were shocked by the track list. I definitely was. I was really surprised to see H!P reviving so many old groups. ZYX, Tanpopo, Mini Moni, V-U-DEN, Pucchimoni, Aa!, and High King are all making a comeback. H!P really seems to be pulling all the stops. There’s even a LinLin solo! Which is beyond amazing.
I can’t wait to see who’s going to be in each group. The perfect Zoku V-U-DEN would be Ai, Risa, and Reina. Just look at Take Off Is Now, no one else could be that sexy. I think JunJun would be perfect for Pucchimoni. I also wonder if previous members are going to return to their groups. There’s still time for Ai to be in the new Mini Moni.
I hate waiting for things like this.
Even though I’m mostly excited for this, there are some negatives I can’t get over. Feel free to tell me if I’m over thinking too much.
Over the last couple of years Morning Musume has been declining in sales. They are not the powerhouse and phenomenon they were all those years ago. The H!P kids are growing in popularity, and yet that’s still not enough for H!P to be on top. Sure Shouganai Yume Oibito ranked #1 and Seishun Bus Gus/Rival ranked #4. That’s great and everything, but can this current spurt of popularity really last? Tsunku is trying to by bringing back Mini Moni and possibly these other groups.
Honestly this kind of looks like an act of desperation to me. He’s trying to recapture H!P’s glory days. Which is fine to do, but do it in the right way. Instead of copying the past so much Tsunku should worry about making the current H!P better. He should be making new groups and subgroups. Look how well Buono does. One shot groups like Guardians 4 and Milky Way just aren’t cutting it. When need another S/milage group so it can be like Berryz Kobou and C-ute 2.0. And it’s definitely time for new Momusu members. I think the current line up is great, but they haven’t changed in 2 years. I’m getting impatient for new faces.
I am happy to see these groups revived. And even though they are more than likely only being revived for this CD, I don’t really think they should be revived at all. Leave the past in the past. H!P needs to more on to move forward.